MOU-RBA Archives

May 2015

From:
Alyssa DeRubeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alyssa DeRubeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2015 19:20:32 -0600
The Ruff was last seen early this morning (~7:30am) at Long Meadow
Lake/Bass Ponds (part of the Minnesota River Valley NWR) in Bloomington.
I--along with at least three other parties--tried later in the day for the
bird, but to my knowledge no one has seen it. There are plenty of places
where a shorebird would be out of sight, so it could still be around.

The only other birds of note that Dan Phillips and I found at Long Meadow
Lake were the previously reported Greater White-fronted Geese (2), a
Harris's Sparrow, and a female Eastern Towhee. Another birder saw a Caspian
Tern.

I have another report of a Cerulean Warbler that was heard singing at
Westwood Hills Nature Center (St. Louis Park) yesterday. It was on/along
the highest hill in the Basswood/Maple trail. We hope to try for it
tomorrow and will report if we have luck.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
temporarily in Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.