MOU-RBA Archives

May 2015

From:
Justin Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2015 15:11:18 -0600
At least one Tufted Titmouse continues at the same location along Nine Mile
Creek this morning. I'd like to remind others to avoid playing recorded
calls around possible nesting species.

Also seen at the same location as the Titmouse was an adult Northern Goshawk
soaring high over the creek. Annabelle Lee has a photo -
https://flic.kr/p/s9pWi6

I was told (thanks Steve) that the Goshawk has been fairly regular around
the creek lately.

Other birds of note included Broad-winged Hawk, Solitary Sandpiper, Palm and
Yellow-Rumped Warblers, and Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers

Justin Watts
Hennepin County