CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2015

From:
WHEELER Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:41:03 +0000
Hi Simon /  Steffan

Many thanks for this, it's very helpful. We’ve been carrying out a very similar exercise ourselves. With the CoolLed PE300 white I had I needed to swap out the excitation filter in my TRITC / RFP cube so it worked a bit better with the illumination from the Phosphor. This mitigated somewhat the effect of decreased signal for green excitation fluors.

In a side by side comparison (actually carried out by Matt Pearson and not me) we found the intensity of the LED depended rather on the filterset one was coupling the system up with. Both CoolLED and Lumencor were very happy to advise us of necessary changes in filters to make the best of what we had.

I agree that everyone should be switching, from a facility management point of view it makes life so much easier and cheaper long term and it's considerably better for live experiments and the environment.

Ann

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.