MOU-RBA Archives

June 2015

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:51:44 -0500
Hi
Herb Lindsay and I went to Westwood Hills nature center and looked for the Hooded Warbler that was reported I think yesterday. .  We were up looking for almost an hour hearing two different birds calling at the same time and seeing them popping in and out of the canopy above. We didn’t think that we had any photos but a couple of times I just shot into the trees and hoped, and as it turned out I did get a picture of one when I put it on my computer and lightened it up.. It’s not a great one but i think you’ll agree that it is one.  My thanks to the staff at Westwood who gave us directions and to Herb who helped me look. IT was a lifer for me. Last year I spent countless hours trying to find one at Murphy Hanrehan with no luck.  Here is my photo, such as it is.
Here is my flickr link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/18879164606/in/dateposted/
Ron Taube Coon Rapids