MOU-RBA Archives

July 2015

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2015 20:48:04 -0500
Hi
Thanks to various postings on here and the help of a young couple at Murphy-Hanrehan my wife and finally found the Tropical Kingbird. This was our second attempt.  I started noticing a pattern of postings and people seemed to be doing better in the evening so we arrived at the area a little after six p.m.  He was right up in the cottonwood where several have seen him.  We saw him catch some bugs and fly to another tree then when I was about to get a closer photo he took off.  Still at least we saw him. We also saw an eastern towhee and common yellowthroat as well as several other species in the area.  Thanks to all who posted on here before for your help.  it was a lifer for me.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids
  Here is a link to some photos from today.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/