MOU-RBA Archives

November 2015

From:
Justin Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 17:15:52 -0700
Thanks to Rod Smoliak for sharing this find. Struck out this morning at the
Maple Grove Middle School field and even checked around Eagle lake and the
golf course nearby without any luck. After seeing a tip from Joanna Wolfe
that the egret was near the Arbor Lakes shopping center this afternoon
Annabelle and I went to check it out again.

The grassy field was empty when we arrived at 3:00pm, but after about 15 min
a flock of geese and the Cattle Egret arrived from an unknown direction. The
field is located at the south-east corner of Zachary Ln x Elm Creek Blvd,
Maple Grove. This is east of the Lowe's store. By 3:30pm the egret flew
towards the middle school. While in the field, the egret would follow around
the canada geese, but had to keep its distance as the defensive geese would
chase it occasionally. Annabelle Watts shared her photos -
https://flic.kr/p/AwLpJu

Seems to move around the area quite a bit, but with some searching and luck
hopefully others will continue to find it.

-
Justin Watts,
Hennepin