MOU-RBA Archives

November 2015

From:
Cole Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:20:43 -0700
I saw a Townsend's Solitaire today (Sunday) in Mississippi West Regional Park in the city of Ramsey, north of Minneapolis in Anoka County.  The bird was first seen close to the park road, Traprock Street, as it bends in the direction of the new parking lot close to the river.  When I left, the bird had flown to the west end of the parking lot.  There are many junipers in the area so anywhere along Traprock Street and the parking lot, where there's a small stand of junipers, would be worth checking.  The bird was singing the entire time I was there, although I had to be very close to the bird to hear its soft, complicated song.

The park can be accessed traveling west along US Hwy 10 by taking the first left turn past Ramsey Blvd.

Cole Foster