MOU-RBA Archives

January 2016

From:
KIm Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KIm Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2016 09:35:17 -0700
This update is because no one else posted anything on mou-net since Friday morning and because I received a few inquiries. The Ivory Gull was still at Canal Park in Duluth yesterday as usual despite the colder temperatures. It will probably reappear today around 8:00 am as on previous days and be seen off and on all day until around 3:30 or so.

As most visiting birders are aware, a Gyrfalcon is still present as well around the Peavey grain elevator in Superior, but to my knowledge it has not been reported on the Duluth side of the harbor. Most sightings seem to be between late morning and around 3:30. But I've heard of at least one trespassing incident, so birders need to stay along the public road and not park where they might

Sent from my iPhone