MOU-RBA Archives

January 2016

From:
Bill Tefft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Tefft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:59:51 -0700
A bird was being mobbed in an Ely backyard this morning.  This ivory gull
was on the ground and seemed a bit traumatized not by mobbing birders but
by mobbing ravens.  Not thinking of this as just and amazing addition to a
yard list, Muff Shumacher and her neighbor teamed up to box it and take it
to the vet clinic for examination and subsequent consultation with the
local wildlife rehabilitator.

By the time I arrived at the vet clinic to see if it needed to be
transported, it had recovered and promptly flew off when given the
opportunity for release.  Hopefully, it can get out of town before the
feisty ravens are able to relocate it.

Although, I didn't see it, it was reported to have 1st winter plumage like
the Duluth ship canal bird that I observed last Friday.

--

*Bill [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>218-235-8078*
This