MOU-RBA Archives

January 2016

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 07:44:57 -0600
Hi
Yesterday my friend Herb and i drove to Canal Park hoping to see the Kittiwake but even though we stopped in there three times we had no luck and none of the other observers said that they saw it either. Nevertheless we did see the Ivory Gull and a Greater Black Backed Gull and an American Black Duck.  As an added bonus we watched an Otter in the snow below the lighthouse swim to the snow covered rocks in front of the boardwalk and walk around on it for a bit. I shot a short video of this.  We then wen to Superior and saw the Gyrfalcon chasing a pigeon near Peavy elevator. We looked for the snowy on tower ave but had no luck. We then drove up to Northern Duluth looking for Bohemian Waxwings.  Two other men from California that we met at Canal park were also looking for the Bohemians. They saw on Facebook that some were reported in Agate Bay in Two Harbors so all of us drove up there but after much searching we never saw them.  It was a great day but i have still never seen a Bohemian Waxwing. This link offers some photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids