MOU-RBA Archives

March 2016

From:
Pete Makousky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pete Makousky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2016 08:22:09 -0700
I am not sure if I will confuse more people or not but some of the
directions I have been seeing on posts for the Mountain Bluebird don't make
sense to me.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the post from William below but if you go PAST
77TH STREET there is a small park sign and you can turn right into a (muddy
right now) parking lot.
There is no need to walk over piles of gravel, but again, maybe this is just
another way so I hope I don't bring about confusion - not my intent.
See the PDF file link below that has a blow up of the park.
And as William states it is very "strange, isolated, and triangular."
I am truly hoping that this helps.
God Bless

Pete Makousky
Anoka, MN

https://www.co.sherburne.mn.us/parksRec/documents/IslandViewRegionalPark-Pla
n.pdf

William Bronn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yes, Earl, it sounds like you may have been south of this strange, isolated
triangle of public land. I don't have a GPS to follow the coordinates, but,
on my home computer, I bring up Google Maps and type the coordinates into
the "search" box and hit enter: it comes right up on the map. After taking
down the roads to get there [I-94 to co. rd. 24 (Clearwater)over the
Mississippi to Co. Rd. 8 SE (also called River Road)northward to 77th STREET
(don't let the avenues confuse you because they also come into Co. Rd. 8);
turn left into 77th St. and take it to a 90 degree turn left - STOP THERE
AND PARK - going further is private road going to a farm house- (looking at
the aerial view on Google maps is helpful, too); then continue to walk
straight west (over the half dozen piles of gravel) about 40 yards and the
triangle of open meadow will be on your right. The coordinates take you
about 2/3 toward the far end - that is where we first saw the BBs; after
that they chased around the meadow but seemed to like to return to that
first spot! The Solitaire was there, too.
Did I give you too much information?
Bill