MOU-RBA Archives

April 2016

From:
Earl Orf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:49:15 -0600
This morning I drove through the Sax Zim Bog and watched a Great Gray Owl
catch a vole.  It was right next to the road so I had a great view of the
action.  The link below will take you to some photos.

http://www.earlorfphotos.com/Pictures-of-the-Week/2016-Pictures-of-the-Week/
April-6-2016-Sax-Zim-Bog/

I also stopped at the visitor center and watched the feeders for about a
half hour.  There were lots of Black-capped Chickadees and Redpolls.  Also a
few Nuthatches, Woodpeckers and Juncos but no Grosbeaks.

Other notable sightings in the bog today:
Sandhill Cranes (2 along 133 between Hwy 7 and Meadowlands)
Northern Harrier
Kestrel
Hooded Mergansers
Northern Shrike
Pileated Woodpecker
(Black-billed Magpie (2 at the intersection of Admiral Road and Zim Road)

Earl Orf
 <http://www.earlorfphotos.com/> www.earlorfphotos.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EarlOrfPhotos