MOU-RBA Archives

April 2016

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2016 15:58:21 -0500
Hi
I’ve been watching a Common Loon at Cenaiko Lake for the last three days. I watched him catch a fish today as I followed him around the little Cenaiko Lake. Also I saw at least fifty Tree Swallows sitting in the grass. I was taking photos of them as a girl rode by on her skateboard and she called out to me “Are you getting a Family Photo?” I laughed at that because that’s what I was doing. I saw two Osprey from the platform across the dam fishing in Cenaiko but I didn’t see either of them catch anything. I saw two Great Blue Herons fly and sit by the lake but none in the Rookery. I was assured however by a couple that I run into from time to time at the Dam that they saw seven of them in the rookery last night. I also saw a red tailed hawk, a broad winged hawk , gold finches, house sparrows, and canada geese. On the river were some common mergansers, bufflehead, ring billed gulls . I enjoyed the walk also in spite of the cold and the wind. Here are a few photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/with/25730124153/
 Ron Taube
Coon Rapids.