ISHPSB-L Archives

March 2017

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:53:04 -0400
Listserv for the International Society for the History, Philosophy,
and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only. For further details,
follow the link provided.

Please send me items at [log in to unmask] to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members: position announcements,
postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on
research topics.  The sooner you send me something, the more likely
that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline. **Please
include a link to details, as we only send out a digest of brief
descriptions.**

Thanks!

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

Call for Papers: "Historical, Philosophical, and Interdisciplinary
Writing & Publishing," 17 July 2017 at the ISHPSSB 2017 meeting in São
Paulo. The aim of this workshop is to familiarize PhD students and
young scholars with the requirements for publishing in an academic
journal. Workshop participants are invited to send paper excerpts
(abstract & maximum of 3 pages of their paper) via email to
[log in to unmask] for the plenary discussion.
goo.gl/SCw2iI

Symposium: "Magic in Science," celebrating the 75th birthday of Prof.
Grzegorz Rosenberg, 17 June 2017, Turku, Finland (immediately
following CiE 2017). Rozenberg is one of the world leaders in research
on Theoretical Computer Science and Natural Computing.
goo.gl/U8OupC

Fellowships: The School of Philosophy, Religion, and History of
Science at University of Leeds invites applications to its
Non-Stipendiary Visiting Fellowships scheme for the academic year
2017-18. Deadline: 3 April 2017.
goo.gl/o8CN1R

Postdoc & PhD Positions: "The role of the immune system in the
maintenance and construction of the organism," beginning in
September/October 2017, under the supervision of Thomas Pradeu, CNRS
in Bordeaux. Deadline: 25 April 2017.
goo.gl/pLGR9w [postdoc] / goo.gl/XS2yX0 [PhD]

Job: Life Science and Science History Researcher and Writer, Cold
Spring Harbor Laboratory Library and Archives. The ideal candidate
will have a strong interest in science, especially the areas of
cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genetics, and bioinformatics, as
well as history of science.
goo.gl/N0UaLi

Book: Kevin C. Elliott, *A Tapestry of Values: An Introduction to
Values in Science*.
goo.gl/BoqECT

Essay: Roberta Millstein, "How the Struggle for Existence Became an
Environmental Ethic for Our Lifetime."
goo.gl/V6seLe

**************************** End of announcements **************************

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname
 For example, if your name were Gregor Mendel:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Gregor Mendel

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
      SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

http://www.ishpssb.org/

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Email: [log in to unmask]