ISHPSB-L Archives

October 2017

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 19:27:54 -0400
We are very pleased to announce the winners of this year's paper prizes:

The 2017 Marjorie Grene Prize goes to Emily C. Parke (University of
Auckland, NZ) for her paper "Experiments, Simulations, and Epistemic
Privilege," originally presented at ISHSSPB 2013 in Montpellier, and
subsequently published in Philosophy of Science 81 (2014): 516–536.

The 2017 Werner Callebaut Prize was awarded to Lynn Chiu (University
of Bordeaux, France) for her paper "The Birth of the Holobiont,"
originally presented at ISHSSPB 2015 in Montréal, and published in
revised form in collaboration with Scott F. Gilbert as “The Birth of
the Holobiont: Multi-Species Birthing Through Mutual Scaffolding and
Niche Construction,” Biosemiotics 8 (2015): 191–210.

For more details, please see the ISHSSPB webpage for the citations and
information on the prizes.  We are very grateful to all who submitted
for consideration, and to the prize committee members.