MOU-RBA Archives

March 2018

From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2018 15:09:20 -0500
Hi    This morning at the boat launch area behind the Visitors Center at the Coon Rapids Dam east.  In Coon Rapids.  I saw my first Horned Grebe of the season.  He was diving for at least forty minutes . He rarely stayed above water for more than twenty or thirty seconds.  I have a photo at this link  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
Also of interest.  A pied billed Grebe, red breasted Merganser and hooded mergansers all seen in the same area. Later one of at least five loons was seen there too.  This bird was seen by two of my friends earlier in the week so he might be around for a few days.
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids.