CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1994

From:
Eric Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 11:01:46 +1000
>          I have a question about prints in the LFR.  What film do you use and
>          did you get appropriate color?
>          Sue DeMaggio
>          UC Irvine

Susan,
We use Kodak Ektachrome 100plus (EPP 135-36) for slides and Kodak Ektapress
100 (PPA 135-36) for prints. We are happy with the slide colours and to be
embarrassingly honest we simply give the people who do the prints a sample
to print to and keep sending it back till they match it. The Ektapress
seems to have a greater exposure tolerance than the Gold which is handy for
the range of intensities we get in our confocal images. Cheers,
Eric Hines.