CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

From:
Peter Frenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 09:15:17 +100
We are studying methanotrophic bacteria (MOB) in the rhizosphere of
rice and other wetland plants and have good evidence from process
studies that MOB are living in the interior of rice roots. In an
experiment with gnothobiotic plants (sterile plants inoculated with
a pure culture of MOB) we would like to check for the presence of MOB
in the root cells or in the aerenchyma by using a CLSM. We could
allready detect the bacteria  on the root surface by using a
specific antibody. To check for the intracellular occurence of the
MOB we need a protocol to make the cell walls permeable for the
antibody; can anybody help?

Peter

Peter Frenzel
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Terrestrische Mikrobiologie
Abt. Biogeochemie
Karl-von-Frisch-Str.
D-35043 Marburg
Germany