CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

Sender:
From:
Badri Roysam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:29:39 EST
>I would not invest in a Mac at present as they may not be around for much
>longer.
>PCs are getting better all the time and there is planty of software available.

People in the sales business have an interesting technical
term for comments like this: "FUD"
for "Fear, Uncertaintly, and Doubt". It is considered a potent tool
to woo customers away from a competitor.... ::))

Anyway, I too haven't found a satisfactory PC-based alternative to NIH Image.

As to macs, I think they will do very well.. I can say this after just
going through the purchase of a Power Mac and an IBM Thinkpad. I am still
trying to figure out how to make the latter work, after three weeks!!

Badri Roysam