CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:46:25 PDT
Dear Paul,

Calcium generally goes into the cell, so if big holes were punched in
the mebrane it would be goodbye cell. This does not happen so the
holes (if any) must be v.small. I still believe that the amount of
aldehyde is small, (not like bathing a cell in glutaraldehyde at
all)...

another $0.02 worth

Regards Mark

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:12:26 -0700 Paul Goodwin wrote:

> OK, I'll confess stupidity here. It is my impression that aldehyde
> fixation crosslinks proteins (paraformaldehyde => single crosslink,
> gluteraldhyde => double crosslink). In our experience,
paraformaldehyde

-