CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
"Carlos P. Rubbi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:00:45 +0000
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, GALLANT wrote:

>         Firstly, I am wondering if anyone has come across any more detailed
> documentation on the macro language...
I've got a fairly comprehensive manual from Chris Hunter (Carl Zeiss UK).
It's not complete, but it's been VERY helpful. I can send you a copy if
you need it, but I've already made lots of notes on it, so it's
quite messy. Anyway, if you can't get the original I can mail it to you.

For the rest of the functions you can use two ways of guessing them:

1-See if you can read into the LSM.EXE file (as if it was a text file) and
you'll find the functions near the end of it, each one accompanied by the
type of parameters that should be passed. You won't know what those
parameters mean, though. Trial and error will help.
I've got a list of these functions which I can mail to you if you need
them. Anyway, the list won't tell you what the parameters mean...

2-use "Record macro" then call some menu functions and see what happens...
(that works fine for things like Z projection, 3D sections, modify
sequence, etc.)

>         and thirdly (and more specifically), I am wondering if anyone can
> tell me the command(s) which "grabs" the grey-level intensity value of a
> pixel, when the x,y co-ordinates for the pixel are known (and in what
> variable the value is stored). This would appear to be a basic function in

I've found a way which I think it's the only one:
GetImgLine Vect, line, img, orient
Will produce a vector Vect whose size is the size of the image (or of the
ROI if one is active) in the orientation chosen by orient. Vect is a type
2 vector.
(img is the handle of the image that you want to measure - the image
doesn't need to be displayed for you to measure it)
If orient = 0 (horizontal line) then make line = y and retrieve the
intensity at (x,y) as:
intensity = El(Vect, x)   (forget about using intensity = Vect[x] - it
never works; you can only access vectors safely with SetEl and El() )

Remember that if you're working in a ROI, the coordinates returned by the
GetImgLine command will be relative to the ROI.

As you said, the language seems to be extremely powerful. It's a pity
that it lacks a decent documentation.

Hope it helps

Carlos