ISHPSB-L Archives

December 1997

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Intl Soc for the Hist Phil and Soc St of Biol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 21:55:36 -0600
Folks,
   I'm not sure how many savy types have actually signed up for the
list, but I wanted to get an early start on a project I have in mind
for the next ISHPSSB.  I would like to do a session dedicated to
helping junior people find their way safely through the job market.
At the moment, I had in mind doing a presentation on what should (and
shouldn't) be in the ideal job application package; with maybe another
presentation on interview techniques or some such, followed by a big
chunk of time for informal discussion and questions.  I am open to
suggestions, however - and I'm particularly interested to get some
biologists or historians or sociologists to commit to being there so I
won't have to talk about areas with which I am largely unfamiliar...
Please get back to me.
Happy Holidays,
Kelly

Kelly C. Smith