ISHPSB-L Archives

December 1998

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:29:50 -0800
CONNECTIONS BETWEEN BIOLOGICAL & COGNITIVE SCIENCES

Co-organizers: Valerie Hardcastle and Robert C. Richardson

Email: [log in to unmask]

        We will organize a series of sessions concerning the relation of
the biological sciences to psychology, and the other way around. The
range
of topics is relatively open, but we are especially interested in papers
concerned with:

(1) Evolutionary Psychology

(2) Cognitive Neuroscience

(3) The Understanding of Mental "Illness"

As far as possible we would like to incorporate work from historical and
social perspectives, as well as philosophical ones.

        Please send a title and brief description by email to
[log in to unmask] We will need abstracts in hand no later than
January 10.

Robert C. Richardson                            Phone: 513-556-6327
Department of Philosophy                        Fax: 513-556-2939
University of Cincinnati                        Email:
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0374