Listserv for the International Society
for the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only.  For further details, follow the link listed.
Please send me items to post to the list that would be of interest to Society members:  position announcements, postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities, conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on research topics.  The sooner you send me something, the more likely that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline.

Thanks!

Roberta L. Millstein
Listserv Moderator, International Society for
History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology

P.S.  Please note my new email address, resulting from a change in the name of my university.

P.P.S. Please remember to register for ISHPSSB 2005 at the University of Guelph by May 30 in order to be retained on the program.

1. The eighth conference of the International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching Group will be held in Leeds, England, July 15-18, 2005.  The conference is being held in conjunction with the British History of Science Society conference. http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-1.html

2. Individuals are sought who would be interested in participating in the Neuroscience and Society Network (NSN), a new forum for those investigating the social, economic, and political implications of the contemporary brain sciences.  http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-2.html

3. An independent Middle and High School in New York, the Ross School, seeks a Dean of Mathematics, Science and Wellness.  They have found that candidates who bring an understanding of the history and philosophy of science and/or math often best meet the needs of the position and enjoy the work.  http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-3.html

4. The Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method at the London School of Economics offers a 3-year AHRB-funded Studentship for the project "Contingency and Dissent in Science" starting in the academic year 2005/06.  Applications should be send "asap." http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-4.html

5. 14th International Scientific Congress, CNIC 2005: "40 Years at the Service of Science and Technology," Havana, Cuba, June 27th-30th, 2005.  Deadline for abstracts is May 15th, 2005http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-5.html

6. Advance notice of a "virtually definite" new position in the philosophy of biology at the University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia,  MO. Tenure track, early or advanced assistant professor, with the possibility of an associate or full appointment in unusual circumstances, beginning Fall semester, 2006.  http://www.ishpssb.org/listserv/20050506-6.html

**************************** End of announcements **************************
--
DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L
Professor Roberta L. Millstein
Listserv Moderator, International Society for
History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology
<http://www.ishpssb.org/>

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Snail mail:
Department of Philosophy
California State University, East Bay (formerly known as Cal State Hayward)
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542

Email: <[log in to unmask]>
Phone: 510-885-3546