JEOL Probe Users Listserver

List moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask]

Subscribe: send "SUB PROBEUSERS <NAME>" to [log in to unmask]

* * *

Greetings, probe users,

Two announcements of interested to 8800/8900 users:

1) If you are considering replacing your HP workstation, HP has just
dropped the prices on their b2600 workstation as it is being phased
out of their product line.  The b2600 is about 50% to 60% off, and HP
has an educational discount of 15% or so.  The final price of the
workstation would be about $3500.  This is the model that JEOL has
been recommending for the last two years or so for workstation
replacement on the 8800/8900 (although I will soon be replacing ours
with a c8000).

2) My friend Peter McSwiggen is teaching an advanced electron
microprobe training course at McCrone and Associates in Chicago from
October 24th to 28th.  More information is available here:

http://www.mcswiggen.com/CourseInformation/CourseAnnouncement.htm

Ellery

p.s. - I have no financial interest in either of these two
announcements.

Ellery E. Frahm
Research Scientist/Manager
Electron Microprobe Laboratory