JEOL Probe Users Listserver

List moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask] Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota

Post a message: send your message to [log in to unmask] Subscribe: send "SUB PROBEUSERS <NAME>" to [log in to unmask] Unsubscribe: send "SIGNOFF PROBEUSERS" to [log in to unmask]

* * * Greetings, probe users,

Two announcements of interested to 8800/8900 users:

1) If you are considering replacing your HP workstation, HP has just dropped the prices on their b2600 workstation as it is being phased out of their product line.  The b2600 is about 50% to 60% off, and HP has an educational discount of 15% or so.  The final price of the workstation would be about $3500.  This is the model that JEOL has been recommending for the last two years or so for workstation replacement on the 8800/8900 (although I will soon be replacing ours with a c8000).

2) My friend Peter McSwiggen is teaching an advanced electron microprobe training course at McCrone and Associates in Chicago from October 24th to 28th.  More information is available here:

http://www.mcswiggen.com/CourseInformation/CourseAnnouncement.htm

Ellery

p.s. - I have no financial interest in either of these two announcements.

Ellery E. Frahm

Research Scientist/Manager

Electron Microprobe Laboratory

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities