  From: William Kinman
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 11:10 AM
  Subject: [PROBE-USERS] carbon coater

  JEOL Probe Users Listserver
  Moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota

  * Hello fellow microprobe users,

  We are looking at purchasing a new carbon coater to replace our old evaporation type coater that uses carbon strands. Any recommendations for a good system for coating samples for almost exclusively quantitative/WDS work? Anyone out there using a newer coater that you just don't like or consistently encountering problems with the coater? Anyone out there have a coater that you just really like or would heartily recommend? Thanks in advance ofr any information or insights!

  Thanks,
  Will Kinman

  William Kinman
  PhD candidate - Igneous Petrology