From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">William Kinman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 11:10 AM
Subject: [PROBE-USERS] carbon coater

JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota

* Hello fellow microprobe users,

We are looking at purchasing a new carbon coater to replace our old evaporation type coater that uses carbon strands. Any recommendations for a good system for coating samples for almost exclusively quantitative/WDS work? Anyone out there using a newer coater that you just don't like or consistently encountering problems with the coater? Anyone out there have a coater that you just really like or would heartily recommend? Thanks in advance ofr any information or insights!

Thanks,
Will Kinman

William Kinman
PhD candidate - Igneous Petrology