thanks for setting this up.

 james

Benjamin Ho <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hey AMSA,
 It's been a great year, and now that it's winding down it's time for us second years to hand the torch to the first years.

 Please put our next lunch-time meeting in your calendar for Thursday, April 12.  The location will be determined soon.

 We will be informally selecting (or, more accurately, you will be volunteering to be) our leaders for next year.  The positions will be listed below.

 If you have *any* interest in being involved with AMSA next year, please attend!  We already have some ideas brewing and can use everyone's help.

 Thanks!  See you then.
 ben

 Positions:

 (Co) President(s) -- (James McCabe, Kat Krohn, Ben Ho) manages listserv, plans meetings, keeps the group going with various fundraisers, talks, etc, main point people for the group

 Treasurer -- (Sam Maiser) keeps the AMSA checkbook

 Secretary -- (Michelle Carlson) note taking at meetings

 Minister of Snacks -- (Michelle Carlson) our current MoS brought snacks to our very first meeting

 AIDS Committee Chair -- (Jenny Fish) Jenny did this thing called the World AIDS Benefit Concert, with help from James McCabe.  Creative planning encouraged!

 New Positions for next year:

 Region 8 Conference Programming Coordinator (position filled)

 and, as we've said from the beginning, if you are passionate about something that National AMSA covers but feel that our local group hasn't adequately addressed it, and you would like to dedicate your free time with us to that cause, feel free to bring it up, make a committee, etc.  Check out www.amsa.org, or talk to anyone who went to National Convention.

always stay connected to friends.