JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota

* Sun Blade 1000 issue

For future reference for those having a Sun Blade 1000, if the first of your two video cards is bad, the workstation will not successfully complete the Boot PROM test to move on to the Openboot sequence.  The only indication of the issue comes from monitoring via TTYA connection in that the Boot PROM routine does not complete its diagostics.  From that point on it is a matter of pulling the cards and trying the permutations.

Craig S. Schwandt, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
McCrone Associates, Inc.
850 Pasquinelli Drive
Westmont, IL  60559

phone: 630-887-7100
fax: 630-887-7417
www.mccrone.com

This message and any attachments, in part or whole, may contain confidential and legally privileged information and are intended soley for viewing and use by the above addressee. If you have received this transmission in error and/or are not the intended recipient, we request that you immediately notify the sender and remove all electronic records of this transmission from your computer and network system. McCrone Associates, Inc. cannot verify the electronic integrity of this transmission. Disclosure, copying, use, and/or any physical or electronic dissemination of the information included herein by anyone other than the intended recipient or authorized person(s) is strictly prohibited.