Below is an email that might be of some interest to list members.

Shimadzu is apparently emailing strangers they find via Google and
asking them for free help doing their market research.

Anyway, because Shimadzu is sending out these emails to members of the
public (perhaps some of you have already received a similar message)
and because there is no confidentiality or privacy notice or request
in the email, I see no reason why I can't share this message with,
you, my microprobe colleagues, who might feel like helping him out.

If any of you feel like assisting this guy and giving Shimadzu your
time, feel free to contact him.  I told him that I'd be happy to offer
my professional services at my usual consulting rate, but I never
heard back from him.

Best,
Ellery

Begin forwarded message: