JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota

I'd like to purchase additional welding googles for use while coating specimens in our new vacuum evaporator (via thermal evaporation using sharpened carbon rods).  I have one old pair of welding googles, but I have no idea what shade they are (they don't appear to be labelled).  Does anyone know the minimum shade value for this purpose?  5?  10?  15?  Something in-between?  I and other researchers in the lab enjoy seeing, so I'd like to choose the right shade.

Thanks,
Ellery

Ellery E. Frahm
Research Fellow & Manager