Hi AMSA! ...and a special welcome to all the first years on the list!

I have a lot to tell you, so bear with me on this one.

1) We'll be having our first chapter meeting of the year, one week from tomorrow...This will be a great time to learn more about AMSA. AMSA is a national group led entirely by and for medical students. If you're interested, check out the website at www.amsa.org, but mostly come hang out next Monday and we can introduce you to AMSA and talk about our plans for the year.
     Monday August 18th, 12:15pm in PWB 2-470 (the 1st year classroom)

2) FREE Netters: We will be giving away free copies of Netter to everyone who joins AMSA and signs up for the AMSA credit card. We will be outside the 1st year classroom tomorrow and Tuesday with the books. If you don't see us there, or are in a hurry, send me an email and I can get the book to you another time. The instructions on how to get the free book are below.

3) First Aid/CPR/Street Medicine Training: AMSA is working with the Northstar Health Collective to provide free health care to the protesters (and whoever else needs it) in downtown St. Paul during the Republican National Convention. The convention is September 1-4 and we will be staffing two clinics throughout. EVERYONE is welcome to come volunteer! To get ready for the convention, AMSA is hosting a free First Aid training on August 28th at 4pm. The training and the clinics should be a lot of fun, so save the date!

4) We have t-shirts for everyone who joins AMSA this year, so whether or not you decide to sign up for a credit card, consider joining the group. We do a lot of great things throughout the year and I'll tell you more about everything during the first chapter meeting next week.

That's it guys. Thanks for reading!

Hannah
(612) 963-6813 (cell)

To join AMSA / sign up for the credit card / get a free Netter:
1) Go to: http://amsa.org/member/mbrapp.cfm and choose "JOIN as medical student" and then follow the instructions.
2) Print your AMSA confirmation page
3) Go to: https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/us/amsa/ and follow the directions
4) Print your credit card confirmation page

5) On the first two days of class, bring your printed confirmations to the table set up outside your lecture hall before or after anatomy lecture and I will give you a FREE Netter.