Hi Everyone,

As you probably know, the Republican National Convention is next week, September 1-4. During the convention, AMSA is going to be working with the Northstar Health Collective (http://northstarhealth.wordpress.com) to provide free health care to protesters and whoever else is in need of care in downtown St. Paul. As medical students we will be working both in a clinic on site and in teams with trained medics roving through the crowd. This should be an amazing opportunity not only to help out in a potentially chaotic time, but also to see the workings of the convention up close.

To get ready for next week we are holding a training this Thursday, August 28th from 4-5:30pm in Mayo A-110. The training will cover legal rights of protesters and volunteers, psychological first aid, basic street medicine, and general first aid skills. It should be a lot of fun and this is also where we will be signing up for volunteer shifts during the convention.

Everyone is welcome to come, not just AMSA members, so please feel free to pass this along. We're really excited for next week and I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

If for some reason you can't come on Thursday but would still like to volunteer during the convention, send me an email so I can be in touch.

Hannah

Hannah Shacter
(612) 963-6813 (cell)