Dear AMSA and PHR,

Please join us this *Thursday* over lunch for a discussion of the practical
and ethical implications of *industry relationships in Medical Education,
Research, and Clinical Care. *

*Carl Elliott*, MD, PhD, of the Center for Bioethics and 4th year student *Josh
Lackner* will present information about the role of pharmaceutical companies
and other forms of industry in financing and influencing medical practice.

The Medical School is working to develop a policy on Conflicts of Interest.
It is important that we as students understand the issues and their
implications as they will *affect our education and clinical careers*.
Please join us for lunch and to learn about conflict of interest in
medicine.

Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday,

Joy Brintnall and Hannah Shacter

*P.S. Please go out and VOTE tomorrow!! Lectures are recorded and attendings
will understand. *

When: *Thursday November 6th 12:05pm*
Where: *Moos Tower 2-530*
What: *Conflict of Interest in Medicine: A Discussion of Industry Relations
in the Medical School*
Who: *Carl Elliott, MD, PhD, and Josh Lackner, MS4*