Hey everyone,
Just wanted to remind you about the discussion tomorrow-

Conflict of Interest in Medicine: A Discussion of Industry Relations
in the Medical School
Thursday, Nov. 6
Moos 2-530
12:00 PM

The emerging policy on conflict of interest will affect us all in
future practice.  In the September 2008 AAMC reporter, Dr. Darrell
Kirch, AAMC president, stated :

"While most medical professionals believe that gifts from industry
have no effect on their decision making, mounting scientific evidence
from different disciplines indicates that these favors—no matter how
small—can indeed prejudice independent judgment, often unconsciously.
As noted at our 2006 symposium and report on the topic, The Scientific
Basis of Influence and Reciprocity, "self-interest unconsciously
biases well-intended people."

These issues really do affect us all.  Come learn more about the way
industry interacts with us as medical professionals.

Hope to see you there,
Joy

p.s.  For the two or three of you that read this far, we encourage you
to bring your own lunch, but there will be some E&G sandwiches for the
free lunch or no lunch-ers.

Begin forwarded message: