Hi Everyone,

As you may already know, Tim Pawlenty announced this week that he will be cutting a huge amount of money from state health care programs...his cuts will leave over 90,000 people newly uninsured. He will also cut funding to medical education, specifically putting primary care residency programs at jeopardy.

For more information on his proposed cuts go here: Pawlenty's cuts , medical education cuts

This effects all of us...our education and our ability to provide care to the people of Minnesota. I implore you to think about the consequences and then join us in taking action.

1) Tomorrow, Friday the 30th, the AMA is hosting a lobbying training session over lunch. Topic: "Advocacy 101". Dave Renner, a lobbyist with the Minnesota Medical Association(MMA) will be speaking with us on how to lobby at the Capitol. Mayo 3-100, Food will be provided.

2) Next Thursday, February 6th is the Minnesota Medical Association's Day at the Capitol. This is a fantastic oportunity to lobby at the capitol in force, with the support of experienced physicians. Free Sign up here: MMA day at the capitol

3) WRITE LETTERS!!! Please take the time to write a letter to the editor...of the MN daily, one of the local papers or the especially the paper in your home town. For an example by a 4th year medical student, look here: Josh Lackner in Pioneer Press

I sincerely hope to see many of you at the lecture tomorrow and at the capitol next week. If you have a letter published please send it to me so that I can share it with the listserve.

Thanks for all your hard work,

Hannah