There seem to be increasing numbers of Hoary Redpolls being reported recently, from several locations throughout the state. I would like to remind EVERYONE that this species is considered to have "rare regular" status in the state, and also presents an ID challenge, and therefore REQUIRES documentation. NO exceptions. I have been sending e-mails to individuals requesting documentation, but am getting a little behind, so please consider this message to be a heads up. Please know that to have your report published in the seasonal summary of this species in THE LOON, and included in the permanent record/ archive it MUST be documented. The preferred method would be to use the RQD form on the MOU web site. However, I will accept any contemporaneous notes or photos sent directly to me. ALL undocumented reports will merely be listed as such at the end of the introduction to the the Winter Season article when published.

Any questions pertaining to this can be sent to me, Paul Budde (the Seasonal Report Editor) or Jim Mattsson, (Winter Season Compiler).

Good birding!

Drew Smith

Winter Season Compiler