Print

Townsend's Solitaire at Ann Lake/Sand Dunes, Sherburne County over lunch
hour today (hadn't seen in three weeks), along the path to the right of the
parking lot one mile east of CR 5.

Common Ravens have been heard on both of my last visits there - and
consistently earlier this winter.  That's not unusual (Sherburne raven
reports go back to at least the mid-90's, and probably earlier), however, a
recent reliable observer's report of 20 on a roost is (generally I see/hear
one or two, although have observed seven in flight).  If vetted, this could
have an impact on our understanding of the Common Raven's push into
central/southern MN.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN