Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: May 15, 2009
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday, May 14th 2009.

On May 13th, there were two brief observations of an ARCTIC TERN at the western end of Lake Byllesby in Dakota County, but with the recent change in weather, the bird has apparently moved on. However, there was a female RUFF at this same location on the 14th.

A male PRAIRIE WARBLER was banded near Dundas, Rice County on the 13th, but I have no information as to its current whereabouts.

In Minneapolis, a WHITE EYED VIREO was reported from the 3500 block of 34th Avenue South on May 12th.

In Duluth, a PIPING PLOVER was seen May 14th on the lake side of the Park Point Recreational Area.

I have a report of a SUMMER TANAGER from Waseca County, but no location, date, or details. Another was in Good Thunder, Blue Earth County on the 13th, at the feeders of John Nelson.

Returning migrants include BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, SANDERLING, WESTERN KINGBIRD, MARSH WREN, VEERY, AMERICAN PIPIT, MOURNING WARBLER, and SCARLET TANAGER.

The next scheduled update of this tape is Thursday, May 21st 2009.