We saw one of the two Lazuli Buntings previously reported on the west
side of Star Lake which is west of the town of Dent in Otter Tail
county this afternoon. We saw a female bird at about 1:15 today and
then again briefly an hour later. The remnants of the Minnesota
Birding Weekend also stopped by on their way home and several saw the
bird and were continuing to watch when we left.

The bird we saw was a female, so caution is advised because Indigo
Buntings are also coming in to the feeders. According to the
homeowners (Alma Ronningen is an MOU member), the male was seen in
the morning today but not thereafter. The feeder to watch is a flat
ceramic feeder with a blue interior hanging on a shepherd's crook
near the house (just behind a bird bath). A very birdy yard and the
Ronningens are great hosts. Be sure to check out the Osprey nest pole.

Directions as previously reported by Jeanie Joppru:
Alma Ronningen lives on CR 41 south of MN 108. It's about 3.9 miles
south from 108.

--Dan & Sandy Thimgan
--
Thimgans