These warblers are quite frequently heard (and seen) in the appropriate
habitat: well described in Kim Eckert's book. Over the weekend, had 2
singing in Tettegouche Park (Friday, May 22), from the back off Lax Lake
Road, Lake County.  Also, 3 on Oberg Mountain, Cook County (Saturday,
May 23).

Although Tettegouche is the closest, most reliable site as you drive
from Duluth, be aware of the extensive damage to the forests from a
severe ice-storm (in April) that mostly was felt in Lake County.  Many
people have worked really hard to clear the hiking and park trails, but
there can be long stretches that feel like working your way through
limb-sized pick-up sticks.  Other than the walk in (an access road for
park personnel), no trails from the back of Tettegouche were cleared.
People hiking through Tettegouche said the main trail is about half clear.

I will be returning again to Tettegouche, and will report when the
trails are cleared.  With all the effort needed, I do not anticipate
that happening soon.

Oberg was completely clear of obstruction.

Mike Steffes, Lake County