Hotline: Minnesota Statewide
Date: July 30, 2009
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU) http://moumn.org
Reports: (763) 780-8890
Compiler: Anthony Hertzel ([log in to unmask])

This is the Minnesota Birding Report for Thursday, July 30th 2009.

I have a secondhand report of a LAUGHING GULL discovered July 27th in
Houston County. It was seen from the highway 26 overlook, which is
four-and-half miles south of Brownsville.

On the 25th, a SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER was along Dodge County Road 1
just south of county road 24.

A YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON was still in Minnetonka, Hennepin County on
the 30th. It's being seen along the edge of a small pond at the
apartment complex at 10511 Cedar Lake Road.

And on the 23rd, eight SNOWY EGRETS were in Grant County, just outside
the town of Ashby. From I-94, take the Ashby exit, go north about two
miles and turn right on Grant County Road 10. Look for the State Goose
Refuge on the left. The egrets were feeding in the stream about 50 yards
off the west side of the road. And a single SNOWY EGRET was still
present at the Purgatory Creek Wetlands in Hennepin County on the 26th.

Southbound migrants include NORTHERN GOSHAWK, FRANKLIN'S GULL, CASPIAN
TERN, TENNESSEE WARBLER, and PURPLE FINCH.

The next scheduled update of this tape is Thursday, August 6th 2009.