Hello list members,

I'm giving a presentation at the HighEdWeb conference next month in
Milwaukee, and am looking for examples of U soclal media use to
include as examples.  If you have a social media story to tell, I
would like to highlight your example in my presentation.

Some of the aspects I will be focusing on include:

1.  Social media use requires patience; it can take a while to build a
community of followers / fans
2.  Social media use is rarely a stand-alone success.  It's usually
more successful when coordinated with other communications.
3.  Social media can vastly outperform traditional media in terms of
cost and results.
4.  Social media can be awesome... nonetheless, social media isn't for
everyone / every organization

I have a mostly full presentation already with some examples I've used
in the past, so I'm not fishing for ideas because I'm in a real tight
spot.  Rather, I'm trying to broaden my range of examples and also
update them.  So I'm happy to replace some of my existing examples
with newer and/or better ones.

If you have any examples that help to demonstrate my areas of focus,
please let me know.  I'm also happy to consider including examples
that refute any of my ideas.  Social media is still new; I'm just
trying to help people think about it honestly and effectively, and am
not trying to create hard and fast rules about it nor convey a clear
sense of social media expertise.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.  Sending me (off list) notes
via email is fine, or I would also be happy to discuss your examples
over the phone, coffee, lunch, etc.  In either case, let me know via
email if you have U examples to contribute.  The conference has a
national audience, so I'll be honored to cover our university's
collective stories and successes in this session.

Kris

Kristofer D. Layon
Director of Web Design & Online Collaboration
612.624.4545  :  [log in to unmask]  :  http://blog.lib.umn.edu/layo0002/work/
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/