If you're looking for live streaming (of an event), that's true.  But
if you just want to stream prerecorded content, Media Mill will
automatically do that in certain cases.

If you have a flash derivative that's larger than 100 megabytes, the
media mill flash player automatically streams it instead of doing
progressive download.  So, if you were server a two hour lecture, the
viewer could skip to any point in the video without waiting.  (you can
disable this entirely in your preferences)

If you wanted to force media mill to stream all flash content,
regardless of size, you could make a subclip of the media that started
at 00:00 and ended at the end of the clip - subclips are always
streamed.

-Colin

On Sep 3, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Kathleen McGee wrote:

> it is my understanding that mediamill does not allow for
> streaming..only progressive download.
>
> Nate Sigrist wrote:
>>
>> Unless I am misunderstanding you:
>> http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/
>> Nathaniel Sigrist
>> Web Developer
>> Direct: 612-625-4118
>> Mobile: 651-399-3486
>> Email: [log in to unmask]
>> Academic Health Center Office of Communications
>> University of Minnesota
>> Driven to Discover
>>
>> Learn how the AHC is discovering and delivering new treatments and
>> cures at www.ahc.umn.edu
>> Get our latest news by following us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/UMN_Health_Talk
>>

>> Kathleen McGee wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a flash video server (here at the U) that can
>>> be used to stream a video...or suggestions for a server that could
>>> be used. Thanks.
> <mcgee114.vcf>

Colin McFadden
CLA Video Services