Hello Friends,

I just wanted to remind everyone again of the *preventive cardiology lunch
lecture TOMORROW, Thursday, November 12th at 12:15pm in MT 2-520*.

Dr Jay Cohn <http://www.med.umn.edu/cardiology/faculty/cohn/home.html>, an
internationally recognized preventive cardiologist and Director of the U's
Rasmussen Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, has graciously
accepted our invitation to speak on Thursday, November 12th.  His lecture,
titled *"Progression of Cardiovascular Disease: A New Target for
Therapy,"*will focus on his current work in early identification of
cardiovascular
disease and initiation of therapy to prevent organ system disease before it
develops!  A few of us had the privilege of hearing him speak at last year's
Grand Rounds, and he was an excellent speaker who is very passionate about
cardiovascular disease prevention. Again:

*Where*:  MT 2-520

*When*: November 12th, 12:15pm

*Food*: Potbelly's and veggie trays!

*Sponsoring Student Groups*:  Cardiovascular Disease Interest Group (CDIG),
with contributions from the American Medical Student Association (AMSA)

We hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,

Cori Russell
University of Minnesota Medical School-MS2
Cardiovascular Disease Interest Group (CDIG), Co-President
American Medical Student Association, President