Hello Everyone,

After months of planning, it's finally time for AIDS Awareness Week!  We've got an incredible group of speakers for the week, and our funding allowed us to purchase great food in great quantities, so we hope you can attend the lectures!  Here's the schedule for the week (also attached):

Monday, 11/30:  Glycerol Monolaurate: More than Just a Fatty Acid Monoester by Dr. Patrick Schlievert, PhD in MT 2-520 with lunch from La Loma

Tuesday, 12/1:   The Global HIV Pandemic in 2009: Successes and Challenges by Dr. Alan Lifson, MD, MPH in MT 2-690 with lunch from Pizza Luce

Wednesday, 12/2:  Public health efforts to prevent sexual transmission of HIV: a litany of failure with a few glimpses of hope by Dr. Frank Rhame, MD in MT 2-520 with lunch from Chipotle

Thursday, 12/3: Co-sponsored by School of Pharmacy-The Impact of Pill Burden, Cost, and Other Adverse Effects of HIV Therapy
by Krissa Klotzle, PharmD in WD 7-135 with lunch from True Thai

Friday, 12/4:  Why HIV Still Matters in Minnesota by Peter Carr, MPH, Minnesota State AIDS Director in PWB 2-470 with lunch from Potbelly and veggie trays

Also, don't forget to buy your tickets for the AIDS Benefit Concert on Saturday, 12/5 at The Varsity Theater!  It's going to be an amazing event, and the proceeds go to a great cause!  Whichever class sells the most tickets will win free bagels!

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Sincerely,

Cori Russell
AMSA President