Hi all,

I was out on Friday, so I'm just catching up to this conversation this
morning.

I see a lot of folks want to talk templates. I'd really welcome that.
I'd be happy to hear about your experiences, what worked, what you
think should change, and so on.

Kathy

On Nov 6, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Krista Gallagher wrote:

> Here's my order of preference:
>
> * 2009 university web templates - we're nearing the end of their first
> year of adoption; who's using them and what have we learned?
>
> * Best practices in form design
>
> * 3rd party web tools, and informing university policy about their use
> (Sound familiar? Our recent list thread tipped me about this one!)
> e.g.
> YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, and many others.
>
> * Google Analytics --- I don't mind contributing to this discussion
> sometime soon, but my most recent implementations should have more
> time
> to collect data so that my demos could be more meaningful
>
> - Krista
>

> Kristofer Layon wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thursday Nov. 19 is just two weeks away.  What should we schedule for
>> our topic(s)?
>>
>> My notes include these past suggestions:
>>
>> * Drupal showcase - demos and tips re. this popular open source WCM
>> platform
>> * UThink showcase - demos and tips re. this U Libraries blogging and
>> publishing tool, which uses the Movable Type platform
>> * Google Search Appliance
>> * Best practices in form design
>> * 2009 university web templates - we're nearing the end of their
>> first
>> year of adoption; who's using them and what have we learned?
>>
>> And, more recently:
>>
>> * 3rd party web tools, and informing university policy about their
>> use
>> (Sound familiar? Our recent list thread tipped me about this one!)
>> e.g.
>> YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, and many others.
>> * Google Analytics --- I don't mind contributing to this discussion
>> sometime soon, but my most recent implementations should have more
>> time
>> to collect data so that my demos could be more meaningful
>> * Unit and department web and database hosting needs (it would be
>> great
>> to invite some OIT service providers / strategic planners to such a
>> mtg.)
>>
>> I'm sure there's plenty of other topic possibilities.  Please let me
>> know whether I should make an online form for voting on topics, or
>> whether we can come to a decision via the list itself.  Or, other
>> ideas?
>> (Remember, I'm winging it here --- your advice is needed, not just on
>> topics but how we run this continuing education and networking
>> effort)
>>
>> Thanks for your help and suggestions!
>>
>> Kris Layon
>> U of M Web Standards & Accessibility Workgroup
>> <https://wiki.umn.edu/view/CSSDEVwiki/>
>>

>> Kristofer D. Layon
>> Director of Web Design & Online Collaboration
>> 612.624.4545  :  [log in to unmask]  :  http://blog.lib.umn.edu/layo0002/work/
>> Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic
> [...]

Please update my e-mail address in your address book!

[log in to unmask] (It's my middle name)

Kathy Jensen (formerly Allen)
Web Developer
University Relations
University of Minnesota