On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Jake LaSota wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a form that's receiving a bunch of ugly automated submissions. Does anyone know of a good captcha code/plug-in?

I've found a few, but I'm sure there's something better floating around out there.

Perhaps there's a better technique than using a captcha to stop these submissions?

What's your environment? Are you running some sort of common CMS, or JS library? That might guide your options.

You'll want to carefully consider your audience and do a cost-benefit analysis here. The common CAPTCHAs are generally (but not always) both bad for usability/accessibility and mostly-defeated. Do your research (or take an opinion from someone that you trust has done it, and recently).

-Brian