Thursday Nov. 19 is just two weeks away. What should we schedule for our topic(s)?
My notes include these past suggestions:
* Drupal showcase - demos and tips re. this popular open source WCM platform
* UThink showcase - demos and tips re. this U Libraries blogging and publishing tool, which uses the Movable Type platform
* Google Search Appliance
* Best practices in form design
* 2009 university web templates - we're nearing the end of their first year of adoption; who's using them and what have we learned?
And, more recently:
* 3rd party web tools, and informing university policy about their use (Sound familiar? Our recent list thread tipped me about this one!) e.g. YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, and many others.
* Google Analytics --- I don't mind contributing to this discussion sometime soon, but my most recent implementations should have more time to collect data so that my demos could be more meaningful
* Unit and department web and database hosting needs (it would be great to invite some OIT service providers / strategic planners to such a mtg.)
I'm sure there's plenty of other topic possibilities. Please let me know whether I should make an online form for voting on topics, or whether we can come to a decision via the list itself. Or, other ideas? (Remember, I'm winging it here --- your advice is needed, not just on topics but how we run this continuing education and networking effort)
Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Kristofer D. Layon
Director of Web Design & Online Collaboration
- - - - - -
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities